Thursday, July 3, 2014

Figuring Out How to Dress.

So, these pants used to be comfortable.  They still are, but I may wear them and another 2 baggy ones to threadbare.  I thank God that I had some draw string pants so I can be decent if I ever get the energy to go somewhere.  Sunday we'll go to OKC and stay with Lee's son, James, and his wife, Kathy.  We are so blessed to feel at home at their home.  Lee has to be at the Cath-lab for his angiogram at 6:30.  We didn't want to drive from Hobart to be there at that time of day.  Usually we stay in a hotel, but I'm admitting I need the support when Lee goes under anesthesia.  When he had his quadruple by-pass 3 years ago, it took him a week to come back to real life.  I'm in no shape to handle that sort of thing without the kids' help.  His procedure should go like clockwork and then after he rests on Monday, we'll go see my new Oncologist on Tuesday and get a treatment as well as put into play a new treatment plan.

Today has been a good enough day.  I was able to make and freeze 2 meat loaves this morning and a double batch of tuna salad. Having those handy I can go have a quick bite of protein at any time during the day.  The more protein I eat, the more the swelling us supposed to leave.  It's not happening yet, but I'm working on it. I feel like one of those blow up dolls that has been blown up so tight that I can't bend anywhere.  I'll be so grateful when this swelling disappears.  The Lasix is not working any miracles, but I keep doing the best I can.

The pic above was from about 6 weeks ago, I think.  My arms now look like bones with a sheet of wrinkles hanging on them.  But, I can sure fill those pants up with a huge belly!  I've said before, if this wasn't happening to me, it would be so very interesting.  Thank you all for caring.  I hope you nor anyone else you know ever has to endure this; but if they do, they CAN and I pray that I've helped to pave the road a bit for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment