Monday, July 14, 2014

Happy 70th Birthday, Lee!


Today was the first day since June 21 that I even felt like putting on any make up.  The edema seems to be under control.  I think the doctor will think so tomorrow, but we'll see what he says about the whole picture.  This picture the waitress got for us.  Zachary, Lee's great grandson, was helping him blow out his birthday candle.  Zachary will be 4 on his birthday and he has a baby brother on the way, who is due the 26th of August and a cousin who is due within a couple of days of that date.  The family grows!  We thank God for healthy, happy families!  They were sweet to take us out to dinner to celebrate Lee's 70th birthday.

Today I did the stress test, but I have no idea what any of it means.  The cardiologist will be in Hobart on Wednesday and I'll see him then for an explanation of the stress test.

I resumed the Xeloda today and the way we're adjusting the dosage is to do the same dosage but only for 1 week and then take a week off for a rest for my body.  I really think this will work.  We would like to use the Xeloda because it seems to be working on the cancer; we just need to find a dosage that my body can tolerate without getting totally out of control.  I'm looking forward to the appointment with the oncologist tomorrow.  I think he will be pleased that the swelling has gone down so much. My feet and legs look like they belong to me and I'm so happy to have my own feet and legs!  I am wearing compression stockings and I'm sure they help because yesterday when I had them off long enough to wash and dry and my feet and ankles were already starting to  swell.   It's an ongoing issue and I just have to learn to cope with it and not let it get out of control.

Our hope is to get a good report tomorrow and head home.  It's been so wonderful to be staying with James and Kathy.  Their support has been awesome.  We are richly blessed.  Tomorrow Trish will meet us at the appointment with the oncologist, too.  I love that the kids are so good to us!  It's wonderful that they will share even the tricky times with us.  The burdens don't seem so heavy when there is wonderful help to carry them!

2 comments:

  1. You look so good, and I'm glad today has been a good day! Happy Birthday to Lee!! Love you guys! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so weird. Yesterday I really made a turn around. I was my usual drug out, limp self until I woke up from my nap. I felt great then and have every since. My body is shaping up and I'm amazed and grateful! Lee's convinced that God said, "You've had enough of this." What wisdom comes with 70 years, huh?

    ReplyDelete