Thursday, July 31, 2014

I'm Ready.


Here's one of my favorite 'guys.'  I love watching them fish around our lake!  I thank God that they stay here or come back every year.  We go away in the winters, so they might, too!  All I know is that they make me smile every time I see them.

We've had several inches of rain over the last few days so my garden soil was nice and soft and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to dig and thin out my irises.  I'm taking a bunch to Trish tomorrow.  I took Kathy a bunch earlier this week.  While the ground is soft, it's sure easier to dig them!  I'm grateful that I can do it!

I completed my 4th day of this 7 day cycle today.  My feet and hands feel blistered, but they're not.  They just look red.  They're not swelling, so I can deal with the hot feeling, I think.  I just have 3 more days to go and then I can take a week off the Xeloda.

Tomorrow we leave at 7 to get to OKC in plenty of time for my angiogram at 10.  I'm ready.  We're not planning to spend the night, so I just have to be well rested and go.  I trimmed my hair today, so what else could need to be done?  When we get this finished tomorrow, I don't have to see another doctor until the 12th of August unless I have problems.  I've had my quota of problems, so I don't expect to have any more.  I see the Oncologist on the 12th and the cardiologist on the 13th.  Then on the 16th we leave for Tennessee for a couple of weeks.  Yay!  I'm ready for this trip and to get all the doctor appointments out of the way.  I thank God for seeing me through to this point.  It was a rough few weeks during June, but I'm in good shape, now.

2 comments:

  1. Your favorite friend in your post is likely having better luck than I am in Red River, NM. But the temperature and the scenery are so great I really don't care how many fish I catch. Proud you are having better days, just keep on doing so and tell Trisha hello tomorrow. Have a safe trip and a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, HB. Enjoy your trip. Who cares about the fish? You're enjoying it and that's what matters. Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete