Monday, July 7, 2014

Post or NOT Post . . . This is Real; More of the Cold Hard Truth.


Sorry this pic is kind of blurry.  It was 2 a.m. and Lee was wobbly and I was helpless.  I wish I could make this be a prettier picture, but pretty is not how things are these days.  Those elephant feet go all the way up to my flat chest.  I can only be thankful that my arms and chest and head aren't swelling.  Maybe it's only a matter of time, though, before they swell, too?  I'm also grateful to have some balloon size clothes to wear to these ER 'parties.'

I was asleep and woke up at 12:14 a.m. to the sound of that clown jack hammering, again.  That clown turned out to be ME!  See in my right hand?  That little black oximeter told me that my heart was racing to the tune of 170 beats per minute.  Lee and I worked for an hour to get it to 'convert,' with no results.  So, we went to the ER.  Holy cow!  Note to self:  don't go to the Hobart ER unless it's daylight; you can do everything they do in the middle of the night.  At some point I did convert without them having to give me meds to do it.  I think it was when she was putting that IV into my left hand; no doubt my heart stopped and restarted 2 or 3 times while I thought she was killing me.  Anyway, by 4 a.m. we were back home in bed with a good heart rate.

We are headed to OKC so we can be there for Lee's angiogram in the morning at 6:30.  I don't think today is likely to get any more exciting than the way it started at midnight.  I'll post tomorrow as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment