Thursday, July 24, 2014

Something is Fishy . . .



I fully intended to get a pic of the whole floor done and the kitchen cabinets and appliances installed, but, suspiciously, I couldn't find anyone there all day.  Actually, Bob had to have a routine check up so his doctor could sign off on his next job, so I imagine he got hung up sitting around waiting on the doc.  This pic I got the other day, but was there later that day (without the camera) and the whole floor was done and the kitchen cabinets were sitting in their places.  Bob was going to take over the appliances and I was going to get pix today.  I never was able to connect with him.  Maybe tomorrow.  Notice the light fixtures are installed.  Those people in the pic are Bob on the left and his sons, Marshall and Forrest.  Those guys have been a tremendous help; they're great guys and do awesome work like their dad taught them!  I don't have any better friends anywhere than these folks, so I post their progress because they're just like family.  This winter when we were snowed in, Bob and Marshall showed up at our front door and shovelled out a walk to our door.  They're just like that!  Marshall lives near Dallas, so he's not always here, but it's always good to see him.  Forrest lives in Weatherford and is still in college there.  We see him a little more because he's only about an hour from us.

I separated and replanted a bunch of irises today.  I'm amazed at how I continue to gain strength. Praise God!  I thank Him so much for getting me past that last crisis.  It may have all been His way of leading me to an awesome oncologist in OKC.  I trust Him and thank Him!

4 comments:

  1. HB, I see 4 little squares, but no words, so I don't know how to reply. I know that 4 is your favorite number, so I get that, but the squares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a happy face, praying hands, and a couple of thumbs up. Sorry about that I will not use the emoticons in the future. I'm happy that prayers are being answered, proud of you and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for explaining and for keeping up with me. You all have a wonderful time at Red River!

    ReplyDelete