Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Three Good Days in a Row.



This is a pic we got tonight after we got home from church!  It was so nice to go to church.  We are having VBS this week and I'd love to be helping during the days, but I don't have the energy for that, yet. Tomorrow we have to be in Altus for the blood transfusion at 7 a.m.  I'm so hoping that this will be a burst of energy for me!  I'm feeling good, but I'm still really dragging.

The meeting with the cardiologist was interesting this morning.  He showed us pix that they got during my stress test and there is a dark area in the bottom of my heart which indicates there may be some blockage there.  We have scheduled me for an angiogram on August 1.  It seems like once you get started with doctors, they keep on going and going and going.  I guess that makes sense at my age, but it's hard to adjust to it!

I'm thinking that with a transfusion and then a stint if there is a blockage, I should be feeling pretty good real soon.  I'm praying for that.  God has taken good care of me so far, so I know He will continue to do so.

We spent the day in Altus getting all the prior papers done so that we can go right in for the transfusion tomorrow.  This was after the appointment with the cardiologist.  I'm glad I left my calendar open for this month!  Before this all started I weighed 119.  I got up to 143 last week and was down to 112 this morning. All this in 3 weeks!  It's amazing what all that water weight can do.  It's very smothering and I sure never want to go there, again, if I can help it.  I still have fluid collecting in my abdomen, but it is not out of control or smothering.  Praise God!  I love having my own feet and legs, again, instead of those huge clubs I was dragging with me everywhere!  There are wrinkles, but wrinkles don't hurt so, I'm so grateful!!!

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is that you look beautiful and radiant in this picture and I can only imagine how great you will look tomorrow after your "refill"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dana! I have high hopes for good results from the refill, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this picture! Lee doesn't look a day older and you look terrific!! Hope the transfusion lets you feel even better!! I'll be thinking about you and remembering you in prayer! Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete