Monday, July 7, 2014

You Just Have to Cut Me Some Slack.


I am so sorry that I didn't get yesterday's post POSTED!  I thought I did it.  I had it all written and had every intention of posting it, but I signed on today and there it sat as a draft.  You know I really am not so sharp when I've been running lots of sprints, which seems to be what I do a lot of these days.  Some of you are so kind and mention that my pix are good.  I usually respond with, "Thanks, but I  just delete the terrible ones." It's been really tempting to delete many from recent days,  but that would not be honest.  If you or someone you know and love ever has to go through what I'm doing through, I want you and them to be prepared with the truth.  I was laying here in the ER Saturday night with my heart racing.  Someone in scrubs had just put an IV in my left hand, which I thought would kill me.  I've had lots of IV's put in with great difficulty because these old veins roll, but this was the worst ever.  There were two people in the ER in scrubs, but neither had a name tag or wore rubber gloves.  They could have been the cleaning crew for all I knew!  Then a woman with a name tag came in and proceeded to draw blood our of my RIGHT arm.  I was told in 2008 to never let anyone stick me in the right arm for anything because of the lymphedema in that arm.  I told her that and she said that was not about the sticking, but about the pressure of the tourniquet and she had no intention of using a tourniquet.  I was pretty much petrified as you can see by the look on my face.  NOBODY had stuck that right arm in the last 6 years.

My arm hasn't fallen off.  Tomorrow I will ask the oncologist about that arm sticking business and the pressure, etc.  Moving on to today:  GREAT NEWS!

Lee had his angiogram and the blockage they saw was there, but his heart had already built an alternate route and his circulation in his heart is good.  They need to do no stints!  He's up and walking around.  Yee Haw! He can go with me to all my appointments tomorrow as long as we push him in a wheel chair.  That's the rest of the good part.  They told me in the ER to see a cardiologist ASAP, so his cardiologist agreed to see me tomorrow!!!  So tomorrow we approach all my big issues.  I'm posting and heading for dinner Lee's precious daughter-in-law has prepared!  God bless families!

What a dear Lee is; the man has a wife with no boobs and a belly big enough to be carrying full term twins and he says: "Cute butt!"

4 comments:

  1. Bless your little heart..your little racing heart MJ. I wish you could give a little of your pain to each and every one of your friends, we would carry it gladly just to spare you. I'm sooo glad you have Lee by your side to admire your cute little butt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dana you are so precious. My pain is not SO bad. The unknown is a little freaky. I really just hate the smothering effect of the swelling. I'll be so glad to get into some jeans, again! I look down at my feet and wonder if they really might burst. They're tight and uncomfortable, but the pain level is not hideous. Now, the other night in the ER was tough. That IV was a painful one. Thanks for keeping an eye on me; I love you and your precious attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jo & Lee, just caught up on your blog this morning following our trip to the Caribbean. Sooo very sorry you have been feeling so lousy, and scared about your symptoms. Very thankful Lee's heart problem was easily remedied. You have done the right thing by changing your local oncologist!! If the old one did not care, then he was not the one for you who was always following instructions to the tee! Will be praying hard for you to get through this rough spot. Prayers for Gretta too, bless her heart! Love you all, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jo....I wish I was there to let you hold my finger!! (Guess I should explain to others, that's what our dear, sweet, Mom used to do to get us over rough spots!!). I can see the pain you feel from them sticking you..makes me want to bring the iron skillet and get after them!!! I love you and wish you weren't having to go through this. So thankful for Lee by your side....hope the doctors today provide some answers! Love so much! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete