Saturday, August 9, 2014

Iris Thinning Report.




This is the iris patch in the back yard bed.  The first pic is one taken in April.  I took the other one yesterday. I really need to thin out the irises on this side of the bricks; maybe I'll get to it one day next week.  All those on the right of the bricks are blue and white and I've got them spread all over the place, now.  I sure hope they come up good next year!  They look kind of naked right now, but it's like a haircut; they'll look good before long.  I thinned irises out front and in the back, so the beds look a little barren now, but they needed to be thinned or they would choke each other out and not bloom well.

I've had a good day today.  I got some paperwork and details done.  Took some time to visit my good neighbor, Hazel tonight, too.  I'm going to give Lee a haircut and then we're off to shower/bath and bed. Tomorrow is our fellowship meal after church and I'm ready for that, too.  I made tabouli yesterday for it and I'm making a corn casserole in the morning.

Dorothy is in the City this week, visiting with her sister and her niece.  I have not been able to contact her because her phone goes right to voice mail and she can't check that.  I just miss her, but I'm glad she's having a good time with her family.  I'm sure she'll be home soon but I hate for her to miss the fellowship dinner tomorrow.  It's wonderful that she's healthy and spry enough to go visit!  I thank God for the gift of our friendship.

This is the same spot when the irises were blooming.  Those green things on the left are larkspur.  I put irises in there, so I'm not sure how they will work together; we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment