Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Morrison family visits.


This picture Don took this morning of Chris, Trina and Lillie with me. They were here to pick up their older daughter, Sami, who was at the Quartz Mountain summer art course for the last two weeks. She was studying chorus. We loved having them stay with us a bit. It was a quick visit, but really pleasant for us.

I'm taking a lazy day today. After church both of our restaurants were closed; what's with that? There was still the deli, where I could get chicken livers and fried okra. Then after that I went to the nursing home to sing. It's 104 and I'm staying inside this afternoon. I think I'll take a nap! I'd like to go get some pool time, but then I'd be wasted for church tonight, so the nap wins. One of our elders is speaking tonight and we're delighted to hear him. This morning one of our deacons spoke. We love it when our local guys speak. I know they don't enjoy it much, but we think it's a real treat and we thank God for their talent and willingness to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment