Sunday, June 19, 2011

New haircuts.

Tuesday afternoon Gretta gave haircuts to Trish, Sadie, Grace and Raynie. I took all their pictures with Gretta and Elena. They all loved their haircuts and looked so cute! Gretta does a fantastic job!

Today we ate lunch with David and Dorothy after church, as we commonly do. The Mexican Restaurant is our favorite, but it was closed today. We've found an alternative in a new restaurant in town called, Fire and Ice. So we went to the Fire and Ice today and it was good and the company was the best. It was 111 here, today, so I got the kiddie pool out and put an inch of water in it and laid in it on the back deck. That was a great idea! It was wonderful to lay out there in that puddle of water; I wasn't miserable at all, like I would have been if I was just out there in that heat!

I even cut some purple cone flowers and brought them inside! The flowers have been so scrappy this year because we've had so little rain. I haven't brought many inside, but I couldn't resist these today. The yard still looks good from when I cut it before we left. With no rain, it just doesn't grow. If we get a shower it will shoot up, though! I thank God for the beauty in our world. He didn't have to give us flowers, but I sure enjoy them. My magnolia is blooming, too. I want to go get one of those blooms to bring inside, too. I love their look and their fragrance!

No comments:

Post a Comment