Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Aunt Grammy couldn't be more proud.


Tonight's picture is one I took of my mom's great grandkids who were at the reunion. She would have been so proud and we were all very proud, too. These are wonderful, wonderful kids! In the back on the left are Phillip, my sister's grandson. Then Gabe, holding his baby sister, Raynie; then Garrett, holding his baby sister, Elena, up where we she could be seen; then Sadie. On the front from the left, is Maddy, holding her baby sister, Willow; then their middle sister, Elizabeth; then Grace, standing on one leg, then Alex, my sister's next grandson; then Mason leaning on the podium. This was a dozen wonderful reasons to go to the reunion! We thank God for all these wonderful kids and their health. When Phillip was born we lived in Tennessee within walking distance of their house. We were blessed to get to babysit him from time to time and he was my treasure to hold in church. Those are precious memories. Our own grandkids were states away from us, so we borrowed Phillip every chance we got. Our grandkids call me Grammy, so Phillip and Alex have always called me Aunt Grammy. I love that. These kids are all sunshine in my life.

It's back to normal kind of weather for southwestern Oklahoma. It was not raining or even threatening to rain today, so I sprayed the weeds. They have been so delighted and empowered by the rain we've had, so I went to war on them today. I was so glad it wasn't too windy to spray. It was 96, though, and the head index was 108, so it was not an easy job. It was easier than pulling them, though! I am so grateful that I could carry the sprayer! Two years ago after chemo, surgery and radiation I built a cart to haul the sprayer around with me. I thought of that today and gave many thanks for my strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment