Friday, July 2, 2010

I believe in yard sales.


Tonight's picture is Gracie and Raynie, holding Willow at the reunion. We had so much fun loving this sweet baby doll! We thank God for Willow and all of our kids!

Today we went got a vacuum cleaner at a yard sale that sells for $2895! We got it for $20. It was way dirty from sitting and collecting dust, so it took me longer to clean it than it took Don to mow our yard! I got it all cleaned and then used it to be sure it works. It works like a charm! We knew it was a good buy because we have a vacuum cleaner just like it only we bought ours about 25 years ago. It was pricey, then, but I couldn't believe it when I looked it up on the Internet today and saw the price! Ours works fine, but I thought we should get this one in case we ever need parts. This one is 14 years old, so it's not brand new, but it has hardly been used. Anyway, I'm really pleased to have it, even if it did cause me to vacuum, a job Don usually does for me.

We went to play cards with Jo Ann and Frank tonight. We started the day out eating a late breakfast with Dorothy and David this morning at the Kozy Diner. Then I gave them both hair cuts early this afternoon and we ate an early supper at the Mexican restaurant with them. We all skipped lunch. It was a fun day with friends and I didn't do any cooking. I did make a great salad (thanks, Ruthie!) to have for the next few days. Ruthie brought this salad to the reunion and I'm so hooked on it! I made it tonight and it will be ready to eat tomorrow. Woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sissy......I'd love to have the salad recipe if you have the time to send it. You got quite the deal on the vacuum....
    Love you bunches....Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to know what kind of vacuum cleaner costs $2895. I will not sleep until i know th answer..lol.
    Hey thats a good deal. Even better then the neon Zima beer sign Eddie bought for $5 and resold for $100

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, I guess it's more than a vacuum cleaner. It's a Thermax AF1 Water Filtration Vacuum and Hot Water Extraction System. Look it up on the Internet, and read all it does with some man power: http://www.govacuum.com/thermax-af1.html?http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?vacuumcleanerbacgs+fr7kqx+

    Hmmm, I never thought of re-selling it! Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruthie's Peas Salad recipe. I don't usually use recipes, but this one is sure a keeper! I emailed it to Terri, but here it is in case anyone else wants it:

    1 CAN ENGLISH PEAS, DRAINED
    1 CAN CROWDER PEAS, DRAINED
    1 CAN WHITE SHOEPEG CORN, DRAINED
    1 BELL PEPPER, CHOPPED
    1 RED ONION, CHOPPED
    MIX ABOVE INGREDIENTS

    3/4 CUP SUGAR (SPLENDA)
    1/2 CUP APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
    1/2 CUP OIL
    SALT/PEPPER TO TASTE

    MIX AND POUR OVER PEA MIXTURE...CHILL

    WILL KEEP UP TO A WEEK IN FRIDGE

    ReplyDelete