Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy late Birthday, Phil!


Tonight's picture is just too cool. It's my sister, Ruthie, and her husband, Phil. If I understand this right it was taken when they took him out to dinner to celebrate his birthday yesterday. I think it was the 35th anniversary of his 35th birthday or something like that. Don't they look great! Ruthie has been through so much since this time last year, with 2 back surgeries; I'm so proud of both of them for surviving it all! I thank God for my sister, Ruthie, and for her bringing this man into my life when I was 12. What a lucky break for me to have a guy like this around for nearly all my life. When he and Don are together, it's a constant hoot; they are so crazy!

Today has been so hot here, but it's DRY! Well, it's humid, but it's not raining, so we give thanks for that. The basement is still dry. That's a blessing!

I feel good and I give thanks for that. I've lost 23 pounds since I went to that hypnotherapy session last fall, and I give that a lot of credit for my feeling so good. I'm sure it makes it easier for my back and knees to not have all that extra weight. I'm sure it makes my lymphedema less bothersome, too. I'm convinced a can't carry fat because cancer likes fat, so I refuse to have it. It hasn't been so hard to lose, so my goal is to lose another 15 - 20 pounds. Then I'll be all wrinkly, but I'll be content with that and give thanks that the fat is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment