Tuesday, July 27, 2010

No rocket scientist.


Tonight's picture is one taken back when Tom Rose was here and we went to the reserve. It was a couple of months ago, but I still look pretty much the same. This is how I really am; usually wind blown and always with my hair tied up except for the part that is falling. I absolutely love to be outside and exploring. We have grandkids who love to explore, but they mostly like slimy things and I'm not so into that. They come by it honestly.

Now, today I had all kinds of technical challenges. We couldn't get online all morning. I was pretty much lost! So, I finally called the technical folks and they had me standing on my head behind the computer unplugging everything. I HATE that! Finally we got us back online, but they said we're paying for extra high speed and we aren't getting near enough megs on our line to accomplish that. They're sending a repair fellow out tomorrow and if it's inside we'll pay for the repairs, but if it's outside they'll pay. I'm not in the humor to pay, since I've been paying for extra high speed and not getting it! So, I fished around all day and learned that I can assign my land line number to my magic jack phone next month and I can drop my land line! I love that idea! I can get high speed with no phone for $19.95 a month; that will save me about $35 a month. That doesn't sound like a lot of money to a lot of folks, but that's a lot of money to me! I feel like a bird out of a cage. I can hardly wait for next month to do it! So, I may have chemo brain, and I'm no rocket scientist, and it may have taken me all day, but I figured out how to drop the land line and save $35 a month and I'm happy about that. I thank God for hanging with me all through the stress of climbing under the computer and tangling through all those wires. While I was down there on my knees I asked Him to forgive me for my lousy attitude my fix asked Him to please help me to stay calm and kind to the technical people. He even gave me the bonus of figuring out how to drop the land line! God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment