Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sorry about last night's post.


Today's picture is Jessie and I after the game they won this morning. They played at 10 and we were there for it on time. That's because we drove all night last night to get here. That's not our style, but Don was driving well and I was sleeping good, so we did it. We got here at 3 this morning and slept until 8:15 so we could get up and get to the game. It was so worth it! We were braced to stop on the way, but it worked to keep driving. Trouble is that I never got to post the blog. I couldn't figure out how to sign onto the WIFI at 3 a.m. and didn't think I could follow instructions, since I wasn't able to follow the first ones they gave me. Anyway, with some rest, I've got it figured out, now.

We got an email from Jeff Tuesday night that he and Jessie would be in Omaha all week for a tournament. We didn't have plans for the weekend, so we decided to drive up as soon as the telephone repair man left yesterday. That turned into a long story and he didn't leave until just before 5 p.m, so we got a really late start, which is also not our style. We thank God for a safe trip and this chance to get to see Jessie play and Jeff coach. The weather is PERFECT. We didn't even sweat; there was a nice cloud cover and a nice breeze; just perfect! (Well, a little dust in our faces, but it's the ball park, so it's good!)

I know some of you read the blog the first thing in the morning, so if I worried you, I apologize. Judy, who has held my hand since day one of this breast cancer experience called me this morning to make sure I was okay. She'd been reading about my issues with the Direct TV guy and the telephone repair guy and I think she was having visions of me going round and round with some guy to someone's detriment; I don't know if she thought I might be in the hospital or in jail. I'm really working on my attitude and was pretty easy on the repair guy yesterday. I had to really bite my tongue when he reached under the bed and unplugged the phone and then announced he couldn't reach to put it back, so I'd have to move the bed out and put it back. I just don't get how it is that he's being paid to do the repairs and then he makes work for a little old lady . . . it was a good test for my attitude and he left unscathed since looks don't kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment