Sunday, July 25, 2010

Zipper spider.


Tonight's picture is one I got of a 'zipper spider' at the pool at Runaway Bay. It was too cool. I'm sure there is a more scientific name for this guy, but we call him a zipper spider because he makes that zipper in his web. He is probably a she, too. I don't fool with those details. We just like to watch them. By the time we left there were so many creatures (flies and bugs) caught in the web that I'm sure he'll eat well this week. This spider was bright yellow and black and white. The kids thought it was so cool. They're like me; easy to entertain. Give us a pool and a zipper spider and we're way entertained.

Today has been a full Sunday. Our neighbor invited us for Sunday lunch today: she had made a roast with potatoes and carrots and squash and homemade bread. Yum! Then we went to the nursing home for a devotional. I came home and hurriedly sprayed the weeds that I'd missed a couple of weeks ago. (I remembered to get a new sprayer when we came back through Lawton the other day!) I had gotten a good kill on my last spraying, but, obviously I missed a few because they were thriving well. It's hard to tell where I've sprayed and where I haven't sprayed when there are so many. Today there were just a few, so I think I got them all. There were some areas around the edge of the house that Don wanted me to get, too. It felt good to get to finish it. It's not my favorite job, but it'll be easier if I stay up on it and don't let so many get ahead of me, again. I thank God I didn't have to pull all those weeds, and I thank Him for the Vitamin D opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment