Friday, July 23, 2010

No bears, but . . .


Tonight's picture is of the send off committee at Runaway Bay. We spent the last week at a resort in Runaway Bay, Texas. It's a little over 3 hours from here and about an hour north of Dallas. I didn't say anything about it on the blog because I didn't want it to be obvious that we weren't home in case someone not so ethical is reading.

When Trish and the kids left the other day we made a trip to the dumpster with the trash. After Don threw the bag in there, he got back into the car and said, "There was a raccoon in there!" I didn't have my camera with me and I figured he'd run if I looked, so I just figured I'd missed it. So, today as we left, we stopped by the dumpster with the trash and Don said, "He lives in there!" The raccoon was in there again, and I had the camera with me. CLICK! It smelled awful, so I didn't hang around for a better shot or for one with no garbage; just overlook the ick! I hate that the kids didn't see him!

We went to the pool every day and had great fun there. Trish took the kids fishing (We were right there on Lake Bridgeport) and Garrett caught the only fish with a fishing get up that he designed with a 2 liter coke bottle and fishing line! He had that idea and I had some fishing line in the car but it was braided. He and I spent an afternoon getting it untangled and then straightening it by soaking it in hot water and then hanging a couple of cans from it. It was great bonding time and so cool when he was the only one that caught a fish. (Trish had gone out and spent $30 on a pole, etc. but they caught nothing with the pole.)

Anyway, after our errands in Wichita Falls and Lawton we got home early enough this afternoon for Don to mow. I'm still getting everything put where it belongs. I like longer trips, but this one was fun. It was so cool to not be far from home, too. Now, it's really sweet to get back into our own bed and have all the amenities of home. We thank God for opportunities to travel and for home sweet home!

2 comments:

  1. My parents owned a house there about 25 years ago..had a boat in the marina too. Was a nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the condo where we stayed was built about 30 years ago. It was nice then and is still nice, just a little out of date. The location was nice, too. We had a great week. We absolutely loved the pool!

    ReplyDelete