Saturday, July 24, 2010

Swimming in Runaway Bay.


The picture tonight is one Gabe took of Grace and Raynie and I in the pool at Runaway Bay. The pool was so nice and usually there was nobody there but us, so it was really nice. Trish went to get water toys for the kids and I asked her to get a raft for me. She liked this one because it was canvas. Well, the other good thing was that it was small so it didn't take a lot of air. The bad thing was that it was a real balancing act for me to stay on it once I got on it. It must have been a comedy to watch. It was perfect for Raynie and Gracie, though. I pulled them around a lot. Gracie swam a lot and didn't need the raft, but she had fun with it, and it was wonderful for Raynie. We got lots of Vitamin D last week and it's the first time in my life I ever wished I had a pool.

Today has been interesting. In many ways it's been challenging, but I DID get the DVD player hooked up right, and for the first time EVER we were able to watch a couple of DVDs tonight! We've had that thing for at least 3 years and never have seen a DVD until tonight. This technology challenge really has us stumped a lot of times. I thank God that He helped me get the thing hooked up right. I wouldn't quit and He gave me the determination, I believe.

2 comments:

  1. Maryjo...about the DVD player..why in the would didn't you just ask one of those teenagers to hook it up for you..thats what I always do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you'd think that would work, but we were always so busy when they came here. Once we DID work on it, but gave up. It's so wild; there are two different 'audio' connections on the back of our TV. It was plugged into one of them and I guess everyone thought that was the right place. I got the flashlight and saw that there was another set of 'audio' holes and figured I had nothing to lose, so I stuck them in there. Wala! I couldn't believe it. Even the Direct TV guy didn't catch it. It's really a bad state of affairs when a little old lady out does the 'experts,' the electrical engineer (Don) and the teenagers!

    Today I'm working on a cordless phone I want to work. I'm such a glutton for punishment!

    Hey! Let's go to DC! :)

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete