Friday, July 16, 2010

Gatlingburg memories.


Tonight's picture is one I took when we were hiking in Gatlinburg. This falls is called Cataract Falls; I have no idea why it has that name, but it was a beautiful place and I could see it, even with my cataracts! Sitting on this log are Grace, Garrett and Sadie. I asked them to sit for the picture; otherwise they were climbing everywhere. :)

Today we drove to Lawton and went to the Golden Corral for lunch; that was a nice treat. Then we went to the Super Center there and got a bunch of groceries, but I forgot to look for a new weed sprayer. I was having so much fun I forgot the main thing. Ugh. I sprayed weeds this week and my sprayer is really dysfunctional, so I've got to replace it. I need to make a list because there was something else I meant to get and I don't even remember what that was. It was a fun day, anyway. We got a great bargain on corn on the cob! I think that's when I forgot the other stuff because the corn was only 10 cents per ear! The last corn I got was not very good, so I was really pleased when I cleaned all this corn tonight and it was so good. It's been a great year for corn. Joan is keeping us in home grown tomatoes and squash, so it's a great veggie year! I sure thank God for Joan's sharing and for the great bargain we got today.

No comments:

Post a Comment