Sunday, August 28, 2011

DL tomorrow.

DL means driver's license. I have to renew my license by the end of this month. We went twice last week and their computer was down, so I'm running out of time. I guess if they don't get their computer fixed they can just haul me off to jail? I really hate being pushed around by the government, especially when they are so inefficient.

Report on the ailing: Don was better this morning and went to church, but he got progressively worse this afternoon. He's already in bed. I really have no idea what is wrong with him, so we're just watching for more symptoms. He has aches that come and go. This evening he had a headache bothering him the most. Then he had some chills. I'm totally frustrated about it.

They have let David wake up from the induced coma and they are monitoring how much he is breathing on his own and how much the ventilator is doing for him. They won't let anyone talk to him or even touch him, but he recognizes folks. He waved to one of his grandkids. They don't want him moving or talking at all, but they see that he recognizes them. He's still in ICU and still on the ventilator, but it appears that they are getting ready to wean him as soon as possible. Thanks so much for your prayers. The doctors say he's not better and he's not worse, but he is stable. I thank God that he is alive. We appreciate every day we can have with him and pray that he can breath on his own again.

4 comments:

  1. I hope if you had to take a driving test to renew your license that you did not knit, crochet, cross stitch or sew with your hands and steer with your knees as you drove. Old habits are hard to break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I hit the wrong button and sent previous message anonymously, I intended to hit Name/URL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thanks for owning up to that post, you rascal! I've never been able to cross stitch or crochet, by the way. I have been known to do a little mending as I go. I don't do that, anymore except when Don is driving. I didn't have do drive. All I had to do was show up, sit for a picture and pay the money. It turned out to be the best DL picture I've ever had. Usually I look like I'm on my way to jail or something, but this one was actually one I won't be ashamed to show even a cop!

    When I first saw it, I thought my brother-in-law had broken down and posted on here. You're in good company; he's a rascal, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have TO drive; not do drive. Ugh. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete