Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy birthday, indeed!


This is a great picture Raynie took of Gracie in Don's lap. She came right in from school and gave me a hug and then jumped into Don's lap. She's such a sweetie! I would think the first thing she'd do is take that heavy bag off her shoulder, but, no, she was as eager to give hugs as we were to get them!

Now, to report on today's birthday. 63 is not so bad at all. In fact, I really think this has been the most fun birthday, ever. I never get big in to birthdays; I like to celebrate every day. But, it was so nice to get so many nice birthday notes on facebook. I love that place because it keeps me connected to so many wonderful people. I thank God for all my facebook friends, as well as all my non facebook friends! My heart has just been melted all day from the many loving messages. Don insisted on taking me to dinner in Altus and our friends David and Dorothy were able to go with us. Each day is difficult and challenging for David, but he was able to make it today. Dorothy's birthday is August 11, so we celebrated both our birthdays. We also stopped at a mutual friend's house in Altus and got to have another wonderful visit. After dinner we came by Jo Ann and Frank's house and played cards! The women only won one out of the three games, but we had so much fun we didn't care if we won or not.

I thank God for giving me life to 63. I love it that He has work for me and wants me to stay around for a while. Thank you for reading this and for being a treasure to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment