Sunday, June 27, 2010

Agony of defeat.


Tonight's picture is sweet baby Willow, our nephew, John's baby. The reunion was the first time we'd seen her and she was everyone's delight! She is so cuddly and such a precious baby. Thankfully, she was happy to be passed from person to person. I guess she could feel the love and we didn't seem to stress her a bit! We thank God for Willow Grace! She has two older sisters, Elizabeth and Maddy and we give thanks for all three precious girls.

Now, the agony of defeat. We experienced that today at Bruce's games. The first game we lost 9-0. Ouch. The next game they saved face, but lost 9-7. I thoroughly enjoyed being outside in the heat and watching the games, but the losing part isn't fun. We've experienced the joy of winning and we're learning about the agony of defeat this year. Bruce has always been on a winning team, so this year is a new experience for us. Bruce pitched part of one game and played first base the rest of the time. He made some great plays and had some good hits, so we were pleased to see him do well. We enjoyed time in the stands with David and Susan, too. We are especially thankful for a safe trip. We came through some storms and got home in the middle of one. I rushed in and shut down the computers in time. The storm is gone and we're back up and running. I'm sure the farmers and my flowers are happy to have had a drink. Praise God for rain.

Before I moved to Oklahoma I thought it was so funny that Don's mother used to always ask us if we'd had rain. We lived in Tennessee and we had rain almost every day, and it was pretty much a nuisance to me! Then we moved here and I get that rain is so important to the farmers and if the farmers do well it's good for everyone. Sometimes we go for months with no rain! If we don't get rain, the crops fail, the cattle have to be moved, etc., etc. Rain is a really big deal. I appreciate it for my flowers and trees, but I get that it's a deal maker or breaker for the farmers. I give thanks for living and learning and rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment