Monday, June 14, 2010

My little Sunshines.


Tonight's picture is of Elena and Raynie, taken at the reunion. Many of you have read this blog since both of these little sweeties were born; I've been writing it since December of 2006 and Elena was born Feb. 20, 2007 and Raynie was born on July 10, 2007. They are both so much fun. They chatter, chatter, chatter and bounce along keeping us entertained. I guess they won't remember these times, but they've sure given us lots of wonderful memories. I thank God for these darlings and for the memories.

Today has been stressful for many reasons, The flooding in Oklahoma City is terrible and Tricia's house is getting wet inside due to some issue with the roof, not the flooding. They are up high enough that the water won't come into their house, unless it gets into the basement. Rob had to leave home today to go on a business trip, so he couldn't stay to do anything. Nate is there, but he was working a double shift, so there's not much he can do. Trish was very tempted to go home, but the Interstate was (and may still be) closed, so she couldn't have gotten home, anyway; if she were there, I don't know what good she could do, anyway. It's just been very stressful for her, knowing there are problems at home and nobody to take care of them.

We are still limping along with dial up and it's stressing all of us. Today we had to move to a different condo and none of us were too keen on that, but I had to arrange it this way because I made our original reservations for the wrong week. When I corrected the reservations to coincide with the reunion, we had to accept this move. But, when we got here they insisted that they could work out a better plan for us, so they got us excited; then today when they proved they were only shooting bull, it was difficult to accept the move. Bluegreen is not a company that I recommend at all. Now, having said that, I have to admit that our units are very nice and our view is absolutely awesome of the Great Smoky Mountains! We're having lots of fun and, as Gretta said, "What matters is family time and we're getting to do that." It's that attitude that made me call HER my sunshine when she was little. All the kids and their kids have been sunshine in our lives and I sure thank God for them.

2 comments:

  1. KUDOS TO GRETTA FOR REMEMBERING AND REMINDING YOU THAT "WHAT MATTERS IS FAMILY TIME......".SLOW DIAL UP??? DOESN'T MATTER!
    GLAD YOU REALIZED THAT AFTER THE INCONVENIENT MOVE, BEING MISLEAD ETC, THE VIEW OF GOD'S BEAUTY IN THE MOUNTAINS ETC. AND SHARING TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY IS WHAT MATTERS!! ENJOY!!

    Love you all!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Gretta was sure a blessing on this trip. She was recovering from her tonsillectomy just a few days ago, but she did great and she was a huge help with the kids. They LOVED going to the pool with her! I was amazed at her attitude of keeping calm with the malfunctions here, too; it was a great example to me. You were wonderful to remind me not to sweat the small stuff and IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF, too! It's been a learning experience for me. I guess if I keep learning, that's a good thing. I've got a lot to learn about this patience thing! This family time has been so rich for the last week! Thanks to your family for being a big part of it!

    ReplyDelete