Wednesday, June 30, 2010

DSTSS


The picture tonight is Gabe, holding little Willow. Gabe is the world's best nanny. He's hard as nails and the 'baddest' guy, but nobody can handle a baby or child better than he can. He amazes me. He, like the rest of us, couldn't wait to hold Willow at the reunion.

Now, DSTSS. That's Don't Sweat The Small Stuff . . . and it's all small stuff. Ruthie told me that when we were in Gatlinburg and I was so hacked with resort people for moving us around and for not providing WIFI. I repeated it a lot that week and today I repeated it all day. The Direct TV guy was supposed to be here at 8, but instead he called to say he'd be here at 1. He arrived at 2 and was disrespectful all day until right before he left, 6 hours later. He still didn't get the job done. It's still only TV and in the grand scope of things, that's small stuff.

I did get a lot of stuff done today, in spite of the guy. I stayed far out of his way. I ground up 8 pounds of chia seeds, so they are ready, in the freezer, for use for the next several months. While I had out the grinder, I ground up several bottles of whole pepper, so I now have good pepper at the stove and don't have to keep robbing the pepper grinder off the table. I put ground beef, mixed with chia seeds, into 42 patties and put them in the freezer. All that makes my daily cooking simpler, so it was all good to get done. My back is really mad about standing all day, though, so I'm on my way to power plate.

God knew I was in trouble because I kept saying DSTSS and asking Him to help me with it. So when I went down to the basement to get my second batch of chia seeds to grind, He had me glance up at the top of the file cabinet where I saw the little pink box of ALL the IMPORTANT cds that I haven't been able to find since I bought this new laptop over a year ago! I put it down there to protect it from getting blown away in a tornado and never remembered it or saw it, again. I've looked everywhere, except there (including the lost and found at the resort where we were in Branson when I bought this computer) and had totally given up on ever finding it. God is so good to me. He knew I needed something to cheer me on today and that was a wonderful gift. I needed something to shock me into realizing that things really do work and He is always with us. I cling to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment