Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Irises done.


The picture tonight is one I took of Grace when we were hiking in Gatlinburg. She has no fear and can climb anything. Precious memories and we thank God for them.

Today has been great. I was so tired yesterday, so Don let me sleep until I woke up at 8:20 this morning. I love it when I can do that. Joan had been out in the yard for an hour, already! She was working to finish up the iris trimming and thinning. She had done a bunch while we were gone, but there was one bed out front that she finished up today. It looks so neat. I sure thank God for Joan who helps us out so much with the house and the yard! What a good friend!

We had bought strawberries on our way home, but we had more strawberries than shortcake. When I went to buy more shortcake, I was out of luck because there was none since we don't have strawberries in our stores. So, I bought a cake and baked a cake. I haven't baked a cake since I can remember; it was kind of fun. I hope Don will eat it, because I can't. I made quiche for my breakfast for the next week, while the oven was hot. Besides, I needed quiche for breakfast; I love it. It feels good to accomplish a few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment