Thursday, June 10, 2010

A male mountain boomer.


Tonight's picture is a beautiful lizard that lives around here. Well, not around the house, but in our mountains. Folks make fun of our mountains because they're not so high, but they say they are this country's oldest mountain range and they've worn down to the size they are. If you know how the wind blows here, you can imagine the wind wears them! Anyway, these lizards are called Mountain Boomers, but their real name is collared lizard. The female is brown. We got this picture the day we went to the reserve when Tom was here. I think we saw 7 or 8 that day; it was a good lizard day.

Today I've been packing. It's hard for me to keep all the details straight, but I'm working on it. I thank God we can travel and I thank Him for family that makes reunions great. Gretta called and she's going to let us have Garrett and Elena for a night while she goes back to get Joe to bring him to Gatlinburg. Woohoo! We'll miss her for a night, but it's so fun when Joe can get away to join us. We see so little of Garrett and Elena, that I'm thrilled to get to have them! Garrett will be fine, but Elena's only 3. I think she'll be fine, with all the other kids, especially. Woo hoo! I'll get good pictures to share.

2 comments:

  1. Love the lizard pic, sure didn't know these colorful lizards were even around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, come to see us and we'll take you to see some!

    ReplyDelete