Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blue day.

This is a picture that Garrett took of Gretta and I on the Sunday before Don's service was on Monday. Lots of people think Gretta and I look alike, but I never really see it. She looks so much like my mom that I can't get past that. We do have the same smaller right eye and I can see that in this picture. When we're sick that right eye really wimps out on us and is more noticeably smaller. Anyway, I'm honored when someone thinks she looks like me.

Today has been difficult. I was crunching numbers and looking through Don's files when I found a file that said, "Family Related." In it were two letters; one that he wrote to me and one that he wrote to the kids. Both were precious, but knocked me flat into a spin. The one to me was dated in May of 2000. The one to the kids was not dated. He was so proud of our kids and I will make copies and send it to each of them, with a tissue. I know we all knew he loved us, but these letters are treasures. I thank God for those letters, and even more for giving us Don in our lives. I'm sure the letters were not meant to make us cry and I should be beaming, but the reality is difficult. Tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment