Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Garrett and the buffalo!


When Garrett and I were hiking at the reserve we came up over a hill and there was a buffalo who had beat us to the area. We cautiously walked around where he was, keeping a close eye on him all the way. See him back over Garrett's right shoulder? Notice also all the brown (dead) trees due to the drought; the grass is all dead, too. We were lucky to be able to hike because much of the reserve was on fire and closed to public access.

Don slept for an hour on the bed last night and a couple of hours in the recliner, so he got better sleep than he's had in a week. He did sleep quite a bit today, too, so at least he's getting some rest. He is still having terrible spasms, but not as bad as they were. I guess if he improved a little each day, he'll get back to normal, eventually. The urologist calls to check on him, so he's getting pretty good care. His fever is pretty stable, but it does go up a little at night, so we think his bladder infection is improving, but not gone, yet. His antibiotic runs out tomorrow, so I imagine they will want him to refill it and take it for another week. I just thank God that he is normally very healthy and doesn't have to live like this all the time. He is strong and will recover from this; then we'll be ready to escape somewhere, I'm sure!

4 comments:

  1. Did you happen to inform Garrett he was not wearing proper hiking shoes.....that would be a grandmothers job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't plan to hike. We planned to go swimming. We were dressed for swimming and fun in the creek. However, there were fires between us and the creek (or river?) at Medicine Park. So the hike was plan B, and we weren't prepared for that. I didn't even have my hiking sticks, so I had to get a stick I could use from the wild. We only took a baby hike; it was pretty flat and there was a trail, except for when we had to go around the buffalo. Love you, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew; I thought I flunked the grandmother test! :)

    ReplyDelete