Thursday, September 8, 2011

A good night's sleep in our bed!


This is a picture Garrett took of me when we went hiking in the reserve on Sunday afternoon. We meant to go swimming, so we were dressed in swim suits and sandals, and I didn't take my hiking sticks. We stuck to mostly level ground, though, and I found a stick I could use to help me keep vertical. It was really a perfect day for hiking; too bad we weren't better prepared. We had great fun, though, so I thank God for the sweet memories.

Don had a wonderful night last night, relatively speaking. It was the first night in a week that we were able to sleep in our bed. Bless his heart. He woke up once and stayed awake for about an hour, and he couldn't have slept that well, but it was better than before. He woke up this morning and his fingers were stiff from holding onto his collar bones all night. His fever is mostly stable (It still goes up a bit at night, but comes down every day.) The doctors say it may take a week or two for his muscle spasms to stop and he will need to be on a maintenance drug for his bladder infection. We aren't too keen on that, but we give thanks that there is hope!

Sweet Dorothy is doing really well. She calls every day to check on Don! I'm hoping to see her tomorrow. She said she might need me tomorrow and I'm ready and waiting to be any help I can. God love her! God love you for caring for her and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment