Friday, September 23, 2011

One more day.


This is my sister, Ruthie, and her husband, Phil, as they were leaving this morning. Bless their hearts they've called as they travel and I think they're going to go all the way home tonight. I just talked to them and they are in Memphis, so they're just have a couple more hours to go. I am so grateful that they stayed with me a few days and Phil sure helped me do a lot around here! He says they're going to come back in a month or so and he'll cut down a couple of trees that have died this summer. These trees are really old and they were diseased and struggling to live, so the heat and lack of rain has just about done them in; it's time for them to come down. I can wait until Phil and Ruthie can make another trip, though, so no rush.

I made it through today just fine. I got the sheets on all the beds changed. Well, I'm not changing our bed, yet; I'm still liking the smell of Don that I imagine in our bed. I know that's silly, but I can be silly. I laid out in the sun for a couple of hours today. It was wonderful outside and I hadn't been out to collect any vitamin D in a long time. I needed it. I also got through all the mail. I had new mail today, but I had mail that was waiting when I got back from being in Oklahoma City that I haven't had time to open. There were lots of precious cards in the mail. I am overwhelmed at the people who are hurting/rejoicing with me. It's sure a bittersweet time. I am so pleased for Don, but I'm sure left with a big gap in my life. God will see me through this.

I talked to Dorothy tonight. We are good for each other. She's doing very, very well. We talk every day. Soon we'll see each other most days, I think. I just have to get my house put back together and figure out all the things I'm supposed to be doing that Don did. That's going to be tricky, but once I figure it out, then I can relax and make a new routine. I refuse to get all bogged down with it, but I know it's going to be a real challenge for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment