Friday, September 16, 2011

Home; what a difference!


I hope this is the worst day of our lives in this picture. Surely losing our husband and father is as bad as it gets? I sure hope we learn from this experience. We DID learn that we can smile even when things are so grim. We were worn to frazzles. This was after 96 hours or trauma and 7 hours of sleep. I got another 4 hours last night, so I'm hoping to feel better tomorrow. This is our youngest, Gretta and I sharing a hug; man we needed lots of hugs (and got them) to get through this week!

We choose what we do with our lives, regardless of the challenges that face us. I think if I can get some sleep I'll do a better job at making choices.

I will make the final arrangements for Don's public service tomorrow morning. No doubt that will be tough, but it will feel good to get that behind me, too. We have decided that the public service will be at 11:00 a.m. on Monday morning. It will be at the Church of Christ in Hobart. Instead of flowers the family is requesting that people make donations to :

The Magic Foundation
6645 W. North Avenue
Oak Park, Illinois 60302

www.magicfoundation.org

Gretta's daughter, Elena, was born with Turner Syndrome and has to take human growth hormone daily to help her to grow. The Magic Foundation has been such a help in their lives, so we would like to think people would join us in donating to this organization in memory of Don for Elena's and others' benefit. Elena is their poster child!

Thanks so much for your tremendous support during these really tough times. It's been worse than breast cancer and that was a doozie!

I'm so tired, so I'm headed to bed. Hug your loved ones!

2 comments:

  1. Chizuko True can hardly wait to see you after 50 plus years after Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! It's so good to hear from you on here, even! Love, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete