Sunday, September 4, 2011

Still dragging, here, but it's COOL!

Don took this picture of Garrett and I on our way to church this morning. Church was very much a continuation of the celebration of David's life. Everyone there loves David and Dorothy and it seemed like everyone who had anything to say tied it in some way to David's example and the treasure he is to us and the loss we feel. It was bittersweet. Don didn't go; he was just too exhausted.

After lunch Garrett and I went to the reserve. We were going to go swimming in the river at Medicine Park, but most of the reserve was closed due to grass fires! We did manage to go one direction and saw the heart rock, and we took a little hike where we saw a buffalo. It was really fun. It was so wonderful that it was only 83, too! We thank God for the break in the heat wave! It made it a perfect day for hiking. I forgot to take my walking sticks, so I found a stick I could use.

This morning Don's fever was down to 98 (not normally a fever to most people, but for him anything over 97 is a fever), so we were feeling better about him. However, it was 99.3 when Garrett and I got home and it's up to 99.8, now. Here we go back up with the fever! This is the 3rd day he's taken this more powerful drug, so this is not good. I just hope we can keep him out of the ER until Tuesday when we'll begin an intensive search for what is the root of his problem. I'll admit I'm very uncomfortable with all that's going on with him; this is so not him.

No comments:

Post a Comment