Monday, September 19, 2011

Wonderful day!

It has been so busy! It was wonderful to go to church and have everyone in the building give me a hug! I feel the love and compassion coming from folks who are as shocked and disappointed as I am that Don is not with us. We have to get a handle on the fact that he is with us; just his body is not here.

People keep bringing food; I'm amazed! Gretta stayed home tonight and put together a bunch of pictures of Don over the years to use at the service tomorrow. Garrett put it all onto a DVD with some hymns.

My sister, Ruthie, and her husband, Phil got here this afternoon. Don's sister, Doris and her husband, Jerry, got here this afternoon, too. Trish and Robert and 5 of their kids arrived tonight. It's been a great reunion! I know that Don would be pleased to see everyone who is gathering to celebrate his life. I am pleased. I sure thank God for a loving community in addition to a loving family. Wow; we are blessed. It's still so hard for me to realize that I can't touch him, but he's sure touching me, so I give thanks for that. The Shnell house is full tonight and we always love when that's the case!

The funeral home has his obituary at the following location:

http://www.rayandmarthas.com/CurrentObituary.aspx?did=57740f17-7be0-4ab6-9b06-fd83138ae59f

4 comments:

  1. Jo, Our hearts are with you on this very special day for Don.

    "How long does a man live? Is it as long as you can touch him or as long as he touches you?"

    Don is touching your Heart today and every day into Eternity. Love

    Sam, Val and Magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you miss him but always remember he is in a better place and is with Jesus, who all christian are wanting to be with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, Val, and Magnolia, thank you so much for your precious remarks. You've been a wonderful support and I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. alltypesofbathroomsinks, thanks so much for your encouraging words. You are so right; that makes it bearable, knowing the joy he has.

    ReplyDelete