Thursday, September 22, 2011

One more daughter.


This is our daughter, Trish. I've pictured Jeff and Davy and Gina and Gretta, but Trish was right there with us. In fact I called her as soon as I left the Altus hospital and told her that they would be flying Don into Baptist hospital, and I was on my way. She dropped everything and went to the hospital. She figured out where everything was and came to meet me and take me up to the waiting room when I called her from the parking lot. She hovered over me and brought me food and drinks the whole time. It's not like she didn't have anything to do! She has 6 kids and one son's birthday was the 13th, the day after we arrived in OKC. Her birthday was on the 15th, the day Don died. She's been an amazing brick. She (and Gretta) call me every day to make sure I'm okay. I think I'm okay. The kids have been so awesome. The others check in on me, too. My sister is here with her husband and they've been a huge help. Phil and I got the other ceiling fan up today and we moved the stereo upstairs from the basement. We're exhausted, but I can have a wild party, now, because we can sure have great music! (Sure.)

Phil and Ruthie will head for home in the morning. I'll get to get my feet wet in the world without a keeper. I'm not so looking forward to it, but I think I can do okay. I keep telling myself that I'm not the first widow. People are so good to call and check on me. If I need help, I'm not afraid to ask.

Thanks for your love. I thank God for our kids and all the wonderful people who are checking to make sure I'm okay. It's wonderful to feel so loved and blessed. I miss Don, yes, but I can do this. God planned it, so I know I can do it; He will guide me.

4 comments:

  1. You have the best attitude in the entire world and I have so much respect and admiration of you. Keep those kids and friends close. God bless you always....Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. alltypesofbathroomsinks, thank you for caring; it really does help to know that others care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, thanks so much. The kids are so great to me and everyone else, too. The phone has rung off the wall today; I guess everyone knew that Ruthie and Phil were leaving and I'd be by myself. It's amazing and wonderful that people care so much. I'm really blown away at all the loving attention I'm getting. I'm honored by what you said and I'll do my best to live up to it. I'm not lying, though; this is really hard sometimes. Then I remember that it's God's plan and I rejoice. I thank God for Jesus' example. Even Jesus wept, so I can. Even Jesus went into the wilderness and didn't eat and He asked God to let that cup pass from him, but then he said God should have His will. I think that through and realize that I'm glad for God to have His will, but I'm not so bad to wish it could have been another way. It's hard to go full ahead rejoicing without having moments of anguish. But the rejoicing takes over the anguish. I realize the anguish isn't productive, but the rejoicing is. I feel a bit like a ping pong ball in action, but I can mostly rejoice. I wonder if that made any sense and if I just fell off my pedestal. It's just honest. I think I'm pretty much okay. :) Thanks so much for your support! Love you!

    ReplyDelete