Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our 'big boys.'

These are our wonderful sons; Jeff and David. The other night when Gretta told the the director of nursing on the 8th floor to never speak to me like that again, she added: "If you have something to say to someone in here about my dad you see one of those big boys!" She'll never live down her tirade and we all enjoy recalling it. We had to find something good about the week and being together was sure it. Every memory is a treasure.

Last night I slept like a brick for 8 hours. Ahhhhhh. Today I've taken it pretty easy. It's so nice to have Ruthie and Phil here. I thank God for them coming and staying with me a bit. We've always loved to have company and it's a good time for me not to be alone, I think. I'll be okay when they go, but it's a nice luxury to have them here with me, now. The church prepared food for our family on the day of Don's service and they brought the leftovers to our house. We're enjoying them, still. What a blessing it has been to have food all prepared. We're relaxing and enjoying wonderful food as we enjoy our time. This has to go down as one of the best things anyone has ever provided for us. It reminds me of the apartment that the ministry of the church in Houston made available to us when I had to be there for surgery and radiation. Some things are just so wonderful that words really can't describe it adequately.

2 comments:

  1. Just ran across your blog and my heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my dad a year and a half ago in such a similar way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Pam. I know you miss your dad, but aren't the memories precious!

    ReplyDelete