Saturday, February 24, 2007

Friday Feb 23 Update



These are more of our brother-in-law, Jerry’s photos. I meant to put these on the site yesterday, but I got so excited about the whales I forgot to do it! These pictures were so good of the volcano. The first one is of the flow coming down the side of the mountain. That is about what we usually can see, after it gets dark, but you can see that it wasn’t even dark when Jerry got these pictures! The second picture is where the lava is flowing into the ocean, plus you can see if falling down the cliff over to the left. We were sitting across the way on another point to view this. Two years ago Don and I hiked 3 miles out over the lava to see this because you couldn’t see if from this point. Three weeks ago, David and Susan hiked out there to see it, too. We couldn’t believe we could get such a good view just from the ranger station, and Jerry could get such a good shot.

The pictures don’t do the real site justice, but it’s the best we can do. Thanks to Jerry for sharing these shots. I don’t do near that well with my photography. It’s so awesome to get this first hand look at God’s handiwork. We have awesome sunsets and great mountains and wildlife at home, but these things are unfamiliar and exciting to us.

Today, Don and I hiked down to the ocean several miles, again. I think he’s wearing me out, but I don’t give up easy. It’s really good for me to hike like this and it’s great for de-toxing. He’s a great trainer. We’ll miss this when we get home! This time next week we’ll be on the mainland and holding our new grandbaby. Woo-Hoo! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment