Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tuesday Feb 13 Update



Today has been a bittersweet day. We were sorry for Tom and Linda to leave because we’ve had so much fun with them. Then they were not even to Kona, yet, when we saw on the news that due to snow and bad weather they are canceling flights in Chicago. They are scheduled to fly into Chicago and change flights there. So, we are concerned about them, but I keep reminding myself that they are grown ups and they can handle changes. Besides, God is in control of their lives, too. They’ll be fine. I’ll be glad to hear that they got home fine sometime tomorrow.

The rest of the sweet story is that Don’s sister, Doris, and her husband, Jerry, are on their way here. That really excites us! We’re ready and eager to see them and start the tours over. We’re happy to have discovered the boiling pots, yesterday. We’ll add those to the Rainbow Falls tour.

Today’s pictures are of the sea glass beach from yesterday and the boiling pots. Notice I the last picture the big arch; you can judge its size in relationship to Don!

I’m so sorry bitter cold is covering so much of the mainland. You all stay warm and enjoy the cuddling weather. I love you and God does too.


PS
My friend Judy Izumi wrote to tell me she is double clicking on the pictures on the blog and they get really big so she can see more. I tried it and it's way cool! You can really see the lava flow on the picture I sent of the day we went to the volcano. Go, see! Thanks, Judy for enlightening us all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sissy!! I love the pictures big. How cool is that! I just have time for a quick note but I wanted to share with you something I found when digging through some boxes last night. It is written on a plain sheet of paper, I don't know where I got it, but it's in my hand writing. "Never wait for a fitter time or place to talk To Him. To wait till thou go to church or to thy closet is to make Him wait - He will listen as thou walkest." Isn't that neat? It may be a scripture, I have no idea. It made me think of the wonderful hikes yall have been on with all your guests. You see Him around you everywhere and praise His precious name. I love you Sissy.

    Princess Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Terri! Being here is such a constant reminder to us that we are in God's hands and that He made everything. One of the grandkids asked me one time of God made cars. I told them man made them with God's gifts and we couldn't do it without Him. It's tempting to think we are in control when all the world around us seems to be manmade, but it's so easy to be in the right place with so much beauty in nature around us. I so love it that we have constant access to our Father, and it's such a comfort that He is in control of everything. Thanks for keeping up with me through everything; that's a comfort, too. Love you, Sissy

    ReplyDelete