Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Tuesday Feb 27 Update

I’m almost ready for bed. We’ve got the place all ready except for the last minute things tomorrow. Then we’ll hit the road and head for Kona. We have some things to do around here in the morning, then we’ll have lunch and leave. We’ll probably do some last minute whale watching on the way to Kona, and then we’re making a last minute trip to Wal-Mart to trade in the new camera, which isn’t working right. (The lens cover won’t close, and I replaced the last one because of the damaged lens, so I’ve got to get this replaced.). Then we have to be at the airport at 5:30pm to leave at 7:30pm. We’ll be in Houston tomorrow a little after 9am and we hang around there for nearly 4 hours. I hope Don can sleep; no doubt I can. We’ll get to OKC around 4 and Trish will pick us up and take us to grab hugs from all her family before we head off toward Louisville. We’ll spend the night somewhere on the way and be in Louisville Friday night! Whoopee!!!

As I reflect back on this trip, I know that the best part was the folks who came to share it with us. Pictured below are: Jo and Sam with Don; Susan and David; Tom and Linda; and Jerry and Doris with Don.
















We had some rain and some wind, but we had lots of very warm weather compared to the ice age happening at home. We thought we were in heaven the whole time. Thanks so much to everyone who came and helped to make this time special. Thanks so much to Bob and Dee for opening their home to us and even furnishing us with a kitty to keep my feet warm at night and one to hug me when I do laundry. They are wonderful company, but don’t meet up to the great folks who came; we all felt at home here.

I’m checking out and will be back as soon as possible. Tomorrow night I’ll be on the plane, so there may not be an update tomorrow; maybe I can write one in the Houston airport while we wait, though. We’ll see what happens, but don’t worry if you don’t see anything new tomorrow. Here’s one last picture of our newest grandbaby smiling in her sleep; I still think she looks like me because she’s short and she loves to sleep. J Praise God for her and all our family and friends. I thank Him for all our safe travels, safe births, and for our safekeeping during this time. I ask Him to guide me through winning over this cancer and to guide us all through each day as we face new challenges in a way that is pleasing to Him. I love you all.





Is she precious, or what??? She’s precious Elena Morgan! J

6 comments:

  1. Hey....am I the only one that thinks Don looks a lot like James Brolin in that red/white shirt? Me thinks the Hawaiian climate does wonders for him.
    I'm glad to see you guys return to the mainland..well not really because the Oklahoma pictures will not be quite the same. I'm just glad that you have done this for us MaryJo. I have enjoyed every bit of it. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana! You're the best; you keep me going with your encouragement. We hurried and got the camera traded, but now I can't find the box with the hook ups to the computer and the instructions. UGH! I put the camera in my pocket somewhere; don't remember where I did that. Too tired. I hope it's in the car somewhere, but I'm afraid I left it in the airport, somewhere. It's not safe for me to travel carrying anything. I always lose something. UGH. I'll get rest tonight and things will look better tomorrow. Love you! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the mainland! Don does look like James Brolin in that pic. I always knew he was good looking, but now he's a famous look a like! We hope to hear how your scan comes out. You're in our thoughts and prayers. We love ya both! Give that new baby a kiss for us. B & Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry so much about the hook up for the computer. I never could get mine to work, so I just bought a "card reader". Very cheap, think it was $7. Just stick your disc in that and insert in computer...reads all your pictures for you. good luck.
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brent and Zelma, I can't get Don to wear anything but that shirt, now. HA! He wants to support the troops everyday.

    I kissed Elena for you and she said that felt like the kiss of experience. She said she felt Chloe vibes all over it. :) Hope all is good for your bunch!

    Thanks for taking time to keep up with us. I'll let you know on the blog as soon as we have any results from the thermogram. I'm excited to get it done and have some idea where we're going from here. Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew, Dana. I'm sure glad to know I have a plan b. I knew there had to be another way to get the job done, but I didn't have a clue. Thanks for being my 'go to' person! Love you! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete