Monday, February 12, 2007

Sunday Feb 11 Update



Today we went to the Hilton and to the Prince Resort to do the normal tourist sort of thing. I got these pictures of the fancy birds at the Hilton and the Flamingo Sanctuary. We’ve been to the Hilton lots of times and never saw these flamingos before. Every time we’ve been this time the birds have been gone, so we were glad to see them today. We made it in time for the dolphin show today, too. It was a beautiful day and lots of fun. On the way to the Hilton we stopped to do some whale watching and had another great show, even though most of them were pretty far away. Tom and Linda are looking forward to some up close views tomorrow.

We capped it off with dinner at the Mexican restaurant on the way home. Now, we’re going to bed early to get up early in the morning and hit the ground running. Tom and Linda are going on a whale watching boat ride. I don’t do boat rides if I can watch whales from the side! I’m very tempted, but the boat ride is 2 ½ hours and I don’t want to risk 2 ½ hours of nausea! Don went deep-sea fishing once in Florida and was very sick, so he’s not really keen on the idea, either. (Two years ago when we were here we went out on a boat ride and I was sick the WHOLE time and saw nothing that I went to see; it was a hard lesson to learn!) Our plan is to watch whales from the side while they are on the boat. After that we’ll all go back over to the Hilo side and go to a little beach we found last week where we found sea glass. I’ll make a picture of the sea glass we find for tomorrow’s blog entry.

I look back and think these entries are too long, so I’m cutting this one short. Besides, I’m ready for bed so I can get up early in the morning. We are well; hope you are too. Love you all and God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Gee, aren't the birds beautiful? I love your blogs and pictures, Sissy, they're not too long if you ask me. I enjoy reading them. If yall ever get to go back to housesit again, I'm going to try my darndest to come over for a visit. How are all the babies doing?
    I love you...give Honeyman a hug for me.
    Princess Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Friends, No, never are they too long. Except maybe for you it may seem that way. I enjoy every word and all the pictures. They are awesome!! You are an expert on explaining every detail and that makes us feel like we are right along on the trips. You are so cheerful that we do forget that you are there for healing as well as having fun!! Although we know you are still under care. Thanks for informing us of the update. We just hope and pray that things are really going your way! It is a rainy morning in Tennessee and in the 40's after being so cold for the past couple weeks, but colder weather will come again the middle of the week according to the forecast. The pictures of you all are great! Keep up the good work!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete