Thursday, February 22, 2007

Wednesday Feb 21 Update


There is no way I can follow yesterday’s picture of Elena. She is too much the dolly. Just wait until we get there and I take a million pictures of her! I promise not to put them all on the blog, but there will be some more! In the meantime you’ll have to put up with what is entertaining me.

My good friend, Dana, keeps prodding me about my pictures. I finally discovered the delight of taking a macro picture, thanks to her guidance. I had some fun today taking pictures of things up close and personal. The first one is some of the sea glass I collected a couple of weeks ago.

The next one is a ruby throated gecko I saw out the kitchen window. He was so cool! Gabe, these pictures are for you! I thought I saw a red leaf on the tree and did a double take because there aren’t supposed to be read leaves on that tree. Upon closer inspection I saw that it was this guy blowing a red balloon with his throat. I was so excited! I grabbed the camera and took a couple of shots through the window that didn’t work. I went outside and snuck up on him and got the second shot.

He discovered me clicking at him, and he began running around the tree. I ran around the tree, too! Then just when I was so proud I had caught up with him, I realized there was ANOTHER one between him and me!!! The second one is a darker green than the lime colored one I was chasing. I gasped and clicked and GOT them both! I was so excited and proud to get these shots. It was nothing like the pride and excitement over a new granddaughter, but it had to do for today. I wish I could have got him blowing up his throat, but he wasn’t going to let me get that excited. I’ll keep an eye out for him and maybe I’ll get that throat, yet.

Doris and Jerry left today, so we hung around here and Don caught up on some paperwork while I worked in the yard and chased geckos. Before Doris and Jerry left we went whale watching and they took us to Tres Hombres for lunch. We never made it with them to the favorite hike; it was too windy, and they were content with not fighting the wind and watching whales instead.

Tomorrow Don and I are going exploring for new hikes to the ocean. We’ll watch whales, too. We love that! We love you, too! God bless you.


2 comments:

  1. MaryJo, I am just burstiing with pride at you. You had no idea that "cheapo" camera could do things like this could you? My husband and his friends had a car show with their antique cars this past weekend. The got pretty peeved at me because I just wanted macro (up close and personal) shots of various car parts. Emblems, chrome..etc. They kept saying.."why don't you want the whole car"?....duh...i just want little parts.
    Congratulations on your road to macro photography. Now that was really cool sand. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I passed rhe macro test! I'm really doing so good to get a picture of anything; that macro stuff is a challenge to me. I'm not posting the sand in macro because it's not that thrilling to me; it was just for you. :) Thanks for hanging in there with me. I'm sure my camera will sing and dance; I just can't keep up with it! Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete