Sunday, February 11, 2007

Saturday Feb 10 Update



Today was a much easier day, but busy, still. We started out with breakfast on the lanai (back porch or deck). That’s the first picture. Then we went to the banyan tree where they sell all sorts of things each Saturday morning. We bought apple pies and turnovers for the others to eat. This Banyan tree is the happening place in Hawi. (This is it, Dana.) Then we went on our “favorite hike.” Anyone we’ve ever brought here will recognize this place. I took a picture of this edge because I figure this tree may not be here the next time we come. We have to watch where we’re going whenever we go close to any edge because who knows what kind of support is or isn’t there!?

After the hike, we went home and had lunch, then went whale watching on our way to Hapuna Beach. After Hapuna Beach we drove into Kona and went to supper at Bubba Gumps. It was busy, but not as busy as some days have been. Tom and Linda only have two more days to play; they’ll be packing and leaving on Tuesday. Time flies. We’ve had so much fun and given so much thanks to God for this opportunity to be together and share so much of His handiwork!

Love you all. I thank God for you as well as all we are seeing here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the Banyan tree..I have been hoping to see it. It was well worth the wait..a beautiful specimen.
    If you do get back to the green sand beach..and you probably wont'..but in case you do. I really need a "macro shot" of that green sand. It looks so much like grass. I guess I could just research it on the net now couldn't I? gonna try. Thanks again MaryJo. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We MIGHT go back with Don's sister next week, but I DOUBT it very seriously. Pant, pant, at just the thought! I'd probably blow the shot, anyway. What does "macro shot" mean, anyway? Maybe I have it! Let me know. Love, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upclose...very up close and personal. What kind of camera did you get? I bet you have settings..and will have a lot of fun with them. I'm currently into the macro stuff. will send you a few pics MaryJo. dana

    ReplyDelete