Monday, February 5, 2007

Sunday Feb 4 Update


It has been so wonderful to spend today catching up with Tom and Linda who I graduated from high school with in 1966. We enjoyed watching the super bowl together, going to Pololu Lookout and planning for tomorrow. They are both going deep sea fishing tomorrow; they have to be there at 7:15 in the morning, so we’re leaving here at 6 in the morning. We’re going to the Volcano on Tuesday, so that’ll be another early day. Tomorrow won’t be as long as Tuesday, but it’ll break them in for early days.

The following pictures are the ones I promised you from Davy and Susan’s hike on the lava flow. I chose the one of Susan plugging along on the vast field of dried, cooled lava. This is how it looks for the whole 3 miles out to where the flow is going into the water. Is that amazing or what?! The last picture is of the lava flowing into the ocean. Thanks for their really good camera and their stamina and courage to make it clear out there.

Today has been really warm and wonderful for me to spend with two special people that go way back with me. When I came back from Japan to a tight little town these are two people who accepted me and made me feel welcome even though they had friends they’d known all their life. Who needed me? They gave me a place in their hearts and I love them still for helping me to settle in and be a part. It’s my joy to be able to show them around this island and help to make them feel welcome in a new place.

It always feels good to be loved. Those of you who are reading this make me feel loved to this day. Thank you for your love and prayers. I love you all. God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures once again MaryJo (reminds me of my trip to Hot Spings last weekend (the steam). I really love seeing your adventures (or the adventures of your very lucky guests) dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, you should be with us. Judi Castro wrote that she can tell we are having the time of our lives and we ARE! This is so much fun! I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures. They should get even better! Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete