Friday, February 23, 2007

Thursday Feb 21 Update



Now, THESE are awesome whale pictures. They’re nothing compared to grandbaby pictures, but they are such great whale shots! These are a couple of shots that Jerry, my brother-in-law got when they were here. I was right there with him, but I am just not that quick on the trigger. They just got home today and he’s already got these pictures to us. Is he awesome or what? The second shot is not one, but TWO whale tales in one shot. Wow! The first one is a complete breach right beside a boat, watching the whale. Pay attention to the SIZE of that whale compared to the boat with a load of people; that gives you an idea how big that whale is! I was proud of my pictures of the geckos until I got these!

Today Don and I hiked to the ocean from the highway, looking for an ever better place to watch for whales. I did two hikes and took a break while Don did the middle one by himself. How he keeps going, I’ll never know; I had to rest. Anyway, they were all pretty hard hikes and we are pretty worn out. It was good for us, though. The best part was the last hike. We got so close to some whales that we could HEAR their blows. It was way awesome. They didn’t breach for us, but did they ever blow! There are a couple of other hikes that Don wants to do Saturday. Tomorrow Don’s friend (and his wife) from high school and college, who retired on the eastern side of the island are coming to see us. We’re looking forward to their visit.

Our Baby Doll went home with her Mommy today, so she is spending her first night in her house with her Daddy and big brother tonight. We can’t wait to see them! We praise God for her and all the other 13 grandbabies and the one on the way. How blessed are we! We love you all, too; thanks for checking on us.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby! Congrats to Gretta & family on the new addition. We do love the pictures that you post. Give our love to all your family. Love ya, B & Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Isn't it amazing how us grandparents get hooked on those babies! I can't resist; they are such a wonderful gift from God. Love to you all, too! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!! What terrific whale shots! The breaching one is so close to that sailboat! Can you imagine how excited you would get! Thanks for sharing, Jerry, Jo and Don. XOXO, Linda & Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda and Tom, I was thinking how excited you and Tom would have been if one had breached that close when you were out there on your whale watching venture. I couldn't believe Jerry could get that shot, but I'm so glad he did. It helps to share what we've been seeing. We sure miss you two! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete