Monday, February 19, 2007

Sunday Feb 18 Update



Today’s pictures are of weddings we’ve enjoyed since we’ve been here. The one in the first picture was taken last week when we stumbled upon a wedding at the chapel at the Hilton. The second picture is the wonderful couple from Alaska that gave us lays when we enjoyed their wedding at Mahukona Beach. The last picture is of their wedding party at Mahukona.

These are among some of the very fond memories we have of this trip. It’s a fun thing to renew our vows when someone else gets married. We wish the very best for these couples and thank them for letting us enjoy their weddings with them.

We took the ‘storybook hike’ today with Doris and Jerry. Then Jerry went snorkeling at Spencer Park Beach. It was the prettiest I’ve ever seen Spencer Park Beach. I should have taken a picture, but I was taking the day off from pictures, I guess. It has been way windy here, but for some reason it was very peaceful at Spencer Park. The winds are tricky to us. We don’t get exactly now they work. They DID blow down two 5 gallon buckets full of grapefruits, though, so I had my work cut out for me when we got home. Doris was a doll and helped by cutting them for me. I’m sure going to miss this juice when we leave!

Today has been another good whale day. We see lots of breaches, anymore. I think February must be when they breach the most. At any rate, you can tell, it’s very addictive watching whales!

We are doing just fine and enjoying every moment God gives us in this paradise. We’ll enjoy every moment when we get home, too . . . if we can stay warm. Neither of us is looking forward to facing the cold! We’re anxious to face our new grandbaby, Elena, though. She hasn’t made her entrance, yet, but she is very close to ready. We can hardly wait to see her. She’s a good draw to get us back to the mainland. We’ll be so glad to see all our family and friends! We love you all. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment