Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Monday Feb 26 Update

Okay. Looking to the future. This tree house is where we may be house sitting this fall. Just kidding. The tree house is in the yard, but the cottage lanai (porch) is on the left and the cottage is below:


I love this little place. The house is little, but the yard is 3 acres. She says the rams will do the ‘mowing.’ Don would love THAT! Here are the 3 acres in front of the cottage and the view from the lanai:


The lady who lives on this place was painting Bob’s house the first month that we were here. We enjoyed knowing her and she liked the way we kept Bob’s place. Her place will be lots easier to keep. She hasn’t determined exactly when she is going, so she’s got details to fine tune. Also, Bob may need us to come again in the fall. If we could work two house sitting ‘jobs’ into one flight over and back, that would be nice. I sure wish it could be in the winter, again. It’s been wonderful to miss all that cold weather! I’m just dreaming to think we could do this again, but somebody has to do this stuff! I’m not sure where we’ll be with my cancer come fall, so we have those details to fine tune, as well.

I will go for a full body thermogram on March 6th in Florence, KY. That will tell us the status of the cancer in my breast and it will determine if it is anywhere else in my body. That will give us the information we need to know how to plan our attack when the meds I’m taking are finished. I am in the 13th week of this 16-week protocol, so it’s time to look at what happens next.

I’m still losing hair, but I must grow it nearly as fast as I lose it. It’s thin, but it works and I’m content with it. It doesn’t fly past me in the wind anymore, so maybe it’s not falling out so much. I feel just fine and I have enough energy to walk and hike and clean. I do lots of exercise because that’s important for the de-toxing my body needs to be doing. The more I can sweat the better, I think. I’m really good at sweating. One of my old boyfriends reminded me that girls ‘glow,’ not sweat. I’m really glowing these days. I haven’t worn make-up for 3 months, so it’s sure easier to wipe the glow off my face. I think I’m going to keep up the no make-up habit.

Don got the yard mowed today and I swept the garage and workshop. We washed the car and the truck. Tomorrow we’ll get the inside of the house in perfect order and pack. Then Wednesday we leave. We’ve kept things pretty much in order all along, but at the last I want to leave it like we found it; without a smear or dust anywhere. We’d love to have this opportunity again, so we do the best job we can. Don has been an angel to do all the outside work and he runs the vacuum for me inside! What a partner! No wonder I’m feeling so good; he’s doing all the hard work! God bless him and all of us! I love you for caring.

6 comments:

  1. Jo, I am sure you need me to sit on your suitcase so it will shut! I'll be right there! Love and fun, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, if I fill it, it will be too heavy. I need to part with some stuff. Ugh. I'm such a pack rat! I need you here to keep my spirits up; I'm just keeping you in my heart and pretending that you're here. Your note to Bob is right where it's a good reminder that you're still here. :) That sweet Don is vacuuming, so I'd better get busy! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to sure miss Hawaii....

    Love you
    Princess Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Us, too! The weather is such a keeper. It's a good thing we can't afford to live here or it would sure be tempting! We'll be back, one way or another; this is too good to leave forever. It's been such a good escape and joy for us. Love you, Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray Journey Mercies my beloved friends. I'm looking forward to many more pictures of the newest little Princess Dolly.

    I love you both
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Terri, for your prayers! We had a safe trip and we are ON THE MAINLAND! We are both frazzled and so ready for a good night's sleep. We had a wonderful visit with Trish and her family and headed for Tulsa. Neither of us could see straight, though! We both wore patches for motion sickness and it was making our vision blur. We didn't realize it until it was dusk. We just checked into a motel and we'll leave early in the morning for Louisville. We'd be stupid to drive tonight. I left the cell phone in Bob's car, so I can't even keep my meds straight with the timing. We just need rest. I should be doing the blog instead of putting it all here. Anyway, I love you, Princess! Sissy

    ReplyDelete