Monday, February 26, 2007

Sunday Feb 25 Update


Today you get the ‘out takes:’ the pictures we didn’t show before but I bring them out now because we’ve run out of exciting ones. J

The first one is a little gecko buddy I found in Serena’s bedroom today. I was practicing my macro photography and he was just the thing for it! He is really only about an inch and a half long. This picture makes him look huge, but he’s not. They live in the house and eat bugs and spiders. I don’t think he’s had many, yet. The next picture is one Doris took when they were here. It tells you something about her personality. I asked her to take a picture of us, so she took it from the back so we’d have the ocean in the background. Yes, this is Don’s sister, so that makes sense, right? At least it proves that only Jerry has a bald spot, yet. It also proves that my rump is about the same size as Don’s. All this proof is a little tiresome to me. J Doris has a great sense of humor, and I’m working on mine. J This is a picture of us watching for whales.

Things are a little boring around here with no company. We worked around the house today getting things ready to pack. I packed one box to send to Tricia’s house with our papers in it, hoping to keep the weight out of our suitcases, so we don’t have to sweat that weight problem. It’s tricky figuring out what to wear home to 40 degrees when we are leaving from 80 degrees. I’m taking layers in my carry on so that we can be warm in the plane and won’t freeze when we land until we can get coats out of the car. We’ll be heading straight to Kentucky, after we collect hugs at Tricia’s house. We hope to be able to make it to Joplin or Springfield and then drive the rest of the way on Friday. We hope we don’t have to slow down too much for jet lag, but we’ll do whatever we have to do to be safe. I’ll keep you posted the best we can. I love you all. God bless and be with us all!

2 comments:

  1. Oh murder, Jo, how did you put up with two Dons for a week. No joking, I love her picture because it puts me back on that same table watching the almost nude woman, the boys fishing, Tom taking the boys pics, and the whales blowing. I wish I were back there now. Happy trails to you both on your marathon trip to Ky and beyond. See you soon!!!! Linda/Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda and Tom, Don and Doris were a hoot!They keep me cracked up. I'm so glad you got the pleasure out of sitting on that table with us again from looking at this picture. We sure made memories to treasure, didn't we. Now all the folks who read this will be wondering why I didn't put the nearly nude woman on the blog! HA! Sometimes you just have to be there, huh! Love you and look forward to seeing you soon. I think we'll be in M'boro the 9th. I'll let you know more details as I can. Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete