Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Back online, from the lobby!


Actually, this is the post I had ready for last night, but I couldn't get online. Now, I can get online by bringing the computer to the lobby; I'm not so sure about 'paradise;' like Trish says, I'm hooked on being connected! Today was much the same as yesterday; more relaxing and taking it easy. Thanks for reading; Trish, thanks for posting for me!

There are two pictures on tonight's blog because it takes both of them to get as much of the total picture as possible to you. The first picture is our beach to the south and the second one is the rest of the beach to the right as far as you can see. Don hasn't been able to walk it, yet, so we don't know how far this beach goes. It's a great beach, though!

Today we just laid out on the beach. Tomorrow we're going down early so that we can get chairs; we've had enough sand to last us a while! The chairs are mostly up on the property rather than on the beach, but they go quick. We learned today that we have to go early! After our sunshine, we came back into the condo for lunch and showers. Then we went to the grocery store and picked up what should be our last food. We're winding down this vacation and looking forward to getting home.

Maui is really a beautiful place. We pretty much toured it while Harry was here. Many of the waterfalls were dry, so there was less hiking than we usually would do. Don spraining his ankle has slowed us down, too. It's good to slow us, though! I think we go too hard when we do these trips, so this is a nice break for me. Our condo isn't on the beach; they have over 20 acres here and lots of buildings. Ours faces the island and we have to walk past two other buildings to get to the beach. So, we get plenty of exercise just going to the beach and home. I've dreamed of coming to Hawaii and having only to stay on the beach, so I'm getting my dream right now. Tomorrow I'll post a picture of our unit.

Don's ankle is better and better, but still weak. We thank God that he didn't break something! It's a comfort to us to know that God is taking care of us. I thank Him for slowing our style!

2 comments:

  1. I've been without a computer for a couple of weeks MaryJo...but I will catch up when mine gets fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to your return; hope your withdrawals aren't too severe!

    Hugs,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete