Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Post temporarily suspended due to technical difficulties :(



Howdy folks!

This is Tricia posting for mom. She called a few minutes ago to let me know that AT & T was down all over the island. Folks there don't seem too worried, apparently that's just the way things go there. I suppose that's the drawback to living in paradise? Anyhow, it's been 24 hrs now and she didn't want you guys to worry. Dad's ankle is mending, everything is fine, they are just a little more isolated for the moment. Just think - 30 yrs ago you'd have been lucky to even get a postcard and now we all panic when daily communication goes down! Ha! Mom will post again as soon as service is re-established, that may not be till they get home next week.

No tropical pics today, so I'll leave you with a shot of the snowstorm mom and dad missed while they were basking on the beach.

Are you shivering???

Love,
Tricia

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tricia! What a beautiful picture. Yes, I'm shivering! Ya'll have had a very bad winter. Our winter while not nearly as bad as yours, is lasting longer than usual as it will be in the low 30's the next few days here in southern middle Tennessee. Hope to meet you one day, Linda Rose, Estill Springs, Franklin County, Tennessee. Go Vols!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Trish! I finally got connected in the lobby. Maybe it'll come back to our unit soon; this beats driving to McDonald's, though! Thanks so much for filling in for me! I love your quilting page on FB, by the way! I love you, too!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tricia.....the picture of your "snowstorm" is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm crazy I guess...just blame it on the time I spent on the island of Hokkaido in Japan with 9ft snow drifts!! Watching the winter Olympics has brought back such fun memories of those days and the opportunity to learn to ski. (Sure didn't ski like those guys, but had fun on smaller slopes!! Ha!) Love U! Aunt Ruthie

    ReplyDelete