Friday, February 26, 2010

Nakalele Blowhole!


Now, THIS is a BLOWHOLE! (Nakalele Blowhole) I don't know who that guy is down there showering in it, but I was glad he did it so you could see how big this blowhole is. He was every bit of 6 feet tall. This isn't the biggest it gets, it's just the biggest I could catch it. It's funny; we hiked down to it that day (that was when Don fell and sprained his ankle.), but we went back yesterday to see it from the cliffs and it was totally INACTIVE! We're so glad that we went the day we did so that we didn't miss this amazing piece of God's handiwork.

Today we went to climb a hill and there were signs all over telling us that we couldn't go! Just as well, because as far as we went was tough on both of us. Don made it fine, though. It was so wild. There is this HUGE beach called the Big Beach, and we went there. Well, over the rocks there is a smaller beach, called Little Beach. We were amazed at all the people who were packing lawn chairs and coolers over those rocks to the Little Beach. We got up to the top of the 'pass' where the view was great of both beaches and that was enough for us. The Little Beach is another nude beach. Why all those people want to pack all that stuff over that 'pass' (pretty TOUGH when all you're taking is yourself and a hiking stick!) is beyond me! That little beach was PACKED! The Big Beach is an awesome beach and no rocks to climb over to get to it! God took care of you and had my batteries die in the camera, so I didn't even get to take any pictures. It was gorgeous in spite of the nude folks. You'll have to trust me, since I didn't get pictures. I took some pictures with my phone, but I don't know how to get them off the phone. Ha!

The best part was that Don could do it. His ankle is still hurting and swelling until we ice it down, again, but it's strong enough to carry him. It's certainly better than it was. We thank God for bodies that heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment