Monday, February 1, 2010

So awesome breach!


Now, THAT's a BREACH! Davy got this picture today when we were watching whales on our way home from a huge day of hiking. We had stopped at the place where I saw the monk seal and watched whales a while. Davy happened to have his camera ready and he got THREE shots of him out of the water and the huge splash he made when he fell into the water. I'll show the other pictures on the next 3 days, so you can look back and see the sequence and see what we love watching! I am so glad Davy got these shots!

We had the best time today. We spent the day worshiping in the wild. We drove back down into Waipio Valley and hiked across the river (Davy has pictures of that, too, which I'll post someday soon. After we got across the river (no falls, so we only got our feet and legs wet) we hiked over to the other side and hiked ALL the way to the top. Oh, man! What a hike and what a view. On our way down Davy and Susan and I saw another whale breach, but we didn't have a camera ready. Don only went half way up; he was conserving energy for the afternoon. David and Susan are young and I'm crazy (and so blessed), so we went all the way up. When we got down to the bottom we had our picnic lunch and then slept on the beach a while. That was wonderful. I slept on warm rocks and felt the cool breeze and mist from the waves refreshing me; it was like some kind of sauna treatment after detoxing on the hike (LOTS of sweating!). I so thank God that we can do all this, and that the kids could come and do it with us!

We came home and had salmon and baked potatoes for supper. Now I'm washing and cooking chicken to have ready for our picnics this week. I'm going to sleep so good tonight! Thanks for your patience in waiting for me to get this posted.

2 comments:

  1. Terrific Picture, Davy !!!! Thanks. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I threw kisses to that whale for you!

    Love and miss you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete